Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Watching Torino

Team Canada, Woo?

In case, you didn't wake up at 7 a.m. this morning like me to watch Canada crush Italy, then I'm happy to tell you that Canada did beat the host team, 7-2.

I'm not so happy to tell you that Canada didn't play as well as they should have. The men's team wasn't as impressive as Canada's women's team, who beat Italy, 16-0.

But back to the good news. Canada wasn't a horrible mess and showed they can rack up the goals quickly.

Later this week, the women take on Finland in a semi-final. I hope they can keep up their mad goals-for and goals-against margin of 35.

Other Hockey Notes, Newspaper Style

Toronto Maple Leaf Tomas Kaberle, who's always criticized about not shooting the puck, scored two goals in under three minutes in the Czech Republic's 4-1 win against Germany (Canada's next opponent)...Sticking with the Czechs, Dominik Hasek went down with a hamstring/groin injury, which has put a massive smile on my face. I knew it was only a matter of time before Hasek, who also plays for the Ottawa Senators, would go down with an injury like this. I hope this is the end of his season, because I am not a fan...Mats Sundin scored a goal in Sweden's 7-2 beat down of Kazakhstan.

--Czobit

No comments: