Sunday, March 12, 2006

At Work

Late Night Observations In The Morning

My eyes were beginning to burn and the caffeine was wearing off. It was after 1 a.m. And then I started thinking.

There's a group of people in a department that I work with that follows special guidelines. It's as if these select individuals feel if they don't ooze machismo, they won't fit in.

These people walk around with this fierce swagger, like lineman ready to run you down. And it's particularly sad, because there's no need for it. To work in this department means nothing. It doesn't make you more or less of anything. But these people think their inclusion in this department is a sign that they need to exude an unbearable amount of testosterone. The truth being, who they would label a "wuss," probably does a better job.

...

I was occupying my time between putting stories up by watching Saturday Night Live. The show, as you know, is awful. I heard it used to be good. I overheard someone laugh about the musical guest being the Arctic Monkeys. The person dismissed them without knowing anything about them.

And I thought then, "I hope when I'm in my mid-60s, I'm not out of touch with What Is Now." But I could be wrong. He could have been 58 or 59.

-Czobit

No comments: