Saturday, March 11, 2006

Don't Exist

The Leafs Playoff Hopes

Last night I was looking through a book my sister gave me for Christmas. It's about the Leafs top 50 moments in team history. Flipping through the pages, I quickly realized nothing from this season will ever make a second-edition of the book in my hands.

The Leafs, simply, have been piss-poor.

Their season began as a disaster, and then they recovered. They fooled everyone for a couple of months. Made fans and broadcasters believe they were an actual Cup contender. But the act lasted only so long. Now, they sit seven points out of playoff spot, with a playoff spot being a remote, wish-upon-a-star possibility.

Last night, I didn't watch the game. Not because I've wised up to the fact that the Leafs of '05/'06 are a hopeless cause, but because the game was LeafsTV. Instead, I listened to the game on the radio. Yes, I know. My obsession with the Leafs is reaching new lows.

The game was tied, 1-1, through overtime, and the two teams (the other being the Islanders) went to a shootout. And the Leafs couldn't manage a single goal on three shootout shots. Not one. In fact, they haven't scored a shootout goal on the road this season. It's sad and it's pathetic.

Tonight, it's the Tampa Bay Lightning's turn to disappoint Leaf fans. I'll be watching at work knowing I shouldn't bother.

A Couple Of Notes...

The Leafs play at the ACC tonight. In eleven days, Coldplay will play the arena. I understand that both of their concerts on the 22nd and 23rd will be filmed for an upcoming DVD. This is mildly cool news: go to the concert and own the DVD!

It's March Break for public school kids, which means the Eaton Centre will be a disaster zone for the next seven days. I'll have to avoid it along with all other malls.

--Czobit

No comments: