Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Beyond Boredom

When the Clock Stops Ticking

PLEASE DON’T TURN OFF THIS MACHINE – IT DASABLES THE PRINTER. SORRY (hand-written)

That’s the label pasted on the monitor I’m using. I’m working. Or at least I’m being paid to work. But there is quite literally nothing to do. My job doesn’t involve writing or reporting the news, and so, when there is no news to move online, I sit and read labels. Over and over again.

Wait, here’s a story. Have to put it up.

Sorry for leaving you like that. Whoa, this is turning into about as boring a post as my shift has been today. It’s unfortunate that a lack of deaths and disasters is the cause of my bored state. Actually, I've gone beyond boredom into a new, horrible state. I’ve checked my emails approximately eight times today. I read the New York Times and the National Post. The National Post! For god’s sake. God with a small ‘g.’

Something happen. Now. Please. I’m begging.

This is pathetic.

--Czobit

6 comments:

nicole said...

I want a job like yours for the rest of my life.

Czobit said...

Really?

nicole said...

Yes.
I like doing nothing and getting paid for it.

Czobit said...

I've made it sound more glamorous then it is. It's not as easy as you think.

nicole said...

What isn't easy about it?

Czobit said...

I can't into specifics in a public forum like this, Nicole.