Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Yes, Recently

Read

I'm still working on Brown's Angels & Demons. It's coming along, but I'm not sure whether I'll have it read along with The Da Vinci Code by Friday. My middle-of-the-week weekend starts tomorrow, so I hope to find the time.

Heard

I've never been a huge Red Hot Chili Peppers fan. I've enjoyed some of their songs, which have mostly been their most-recent singles. I thought though with the positive reviews and hype surrounding their new double-album "Stadium Arcadium," I'd give the band a full-on try. And the Peppers' new album passes the quality test. Of the 28 tracks between the two discs, there isn't a bad song to be heard.

Watched

Monday night I saw a preview screening of the new computer animated film, Over the Hedge. I'm definitely not within the age demographic the filmmakers want to hit, but I'll say the film was funny, and a good summer film--you know the kind that involves little thought and a lot of suspension of disbelief. IMDB has the film listed at 96 minutes, but I'd take 10 off that. It'll be interesting to see if the kids win out this weekend and Over the Hedge beats The Da Vinci Code at the box office.

--Czobit

No comments: