Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Anger

The Emotion Most Underrated

I've written about my weekends at work mostly consisting of watching sports for two seven-hour shifts. Today, the least entertaining sporting event I saw was the Queen's Plate horse race; this is an achievement for the horse race, because I also watched most of the Montreal Grand Prix. The Queen's Plate is like having sex without an orgasm; unless of course you've successfully bet on the race, then the event might be worth the minute-long yawn it induces.

I also told today that I'm critical of everything and I probably don't like anything in the world. I'm sure that's actually a compliment. When you come to work to find that a celebrity wedding is leading a newscast, how can you not be critical? When you see commercials reminding us dumb Canadians that Canada is a nice place to travel, how can you not be critical? When anger is your favourite emotion, how can you not be critical?

I can't remember the last time I wasn't angry. When I feel joy, it's not joy, it's less anger. Some might say that's a bad thing, to be so angry. Anger is a tiring emotion. When you take it on as a full-time job and pastime, anger can be exhausting. But it does have it's moments of reward.

--Czobit

9 comments:

kaitlyn said...

I like the anger, but my personal favourite emotion is "the snark." There is nothing more gratifying than snarking (even if only secretly) someone or something you think is ridiculous. And since I think many things are ridiculous, there is much opportunity for snark.

Czobit said...

Whoa, I almost did a spit-take with my coffee.

Yes, no doubt the snark is fantastic. It's versatile and has many day-to-day applications. Now that I think of it, I'll have to use it more often.

nicole said...

I called this anger a long time ago.

Czobit said...

You did? Don't get me angry, Nicole.

nicole said...

Hahaah.
Are you gonna snap on me?

Czobit said...

See Nicole, that's where you're wrong. I'm control of my anger at all times. I don't snap on people.

But I do do special requests, so if you want me to...

nicole said...

Whatever, I think you've been mad at me before. But that was pre-Holland Nicole. Now I'm so mellow and relaxed from the weed and the Spanish. Post-Holland Nicole is so much better.

Czobit said...

Nope. Hasn't happened. It's all an elaborate act.

nicole said...

If it's been an act so far I would be scared to see the real emotion ;)