Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday Post

Up, Up and Away

It's past midnight and I'm back from the Arctic Monkeys concert at the Kool Haus. Definitely a cool show, with a solid opening band, We Are Scientists. A good time was had (common phrase). It's the second time I've seen the Monkeys, but the first time I had seen them in a small venue. The band is better in a more intimate (obvious word choice) setting.

I don't return to work until tomorrow afternoon, which means I could sleep in if I choose. I'm not sure if I will because I already feel I've wasted my summer months. The high school kids finish classes in the next few days. This of course means there are only about two months left before my classes start again.

It's like this every summer: I plan things to do and do few of them. At this point, it's all but hopeless that I'll accomplish anything before summer turns to fall. The best I can do is sit here and type these important thoughts.

... ...
... ... ...
...
...
...

Oh, by the way, would Edmonton please lose Monday night? Thanks. I don't want to have to go into hiding.

--Czobit

3 comments:

nicole said...

The 16,839 fans crammed into Rexall Place inhaled and exhaled with every stride, producing a shimmering curtain of noise.




ANYWAY ... I want Edmonton to win and don't understand why you'd want them to lose. Have a little spirit Michael hahah.

kaitlyn said...

I spend my summers the exact same way. Perhaps it's delusions of grandeur that affect all journalism students?

Czobit said...

Have a little spirit? I have tons of spirit for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Jays, Argos, Team Canada, Ukraine's national soccer team...but for the Edmonton Oilers? Don't think so. Won't happen.

-

Yes, we may dream too big. I should be far more successful than I am now, right? I mean, sometimes, I write good sentences. That should count for more.