Thursday, July 13, 2006

Silent End

The Death of an Earphone

For the last couple of months I've been raising the volume on my iPod. I thought that years of poking my eardrums with Q-tips were finally catching up with me and that I was losing my hearing. Not so. My stylish white iPod earphones have failed me; the right one is dead. It hurts, oh it really does.

But I'm through the five stages of grief and have buried the earphones. With them, I've buried the thought of spending $50 or more to replace my deadphones with new Apple ones. This is mainly for two reasons. One, the cost is a bit much for something that will inevitably die. Two, my young iPod is running out of space and I'm tempted to replace it when Apple releases their next generation of iPods.

--Czobit

2 comments:

kaitlyn said...

mine died about a year after i got my iPod mini. this may or may not have had something to do with me accidentally standing on them.

don't bother getting apple ones. shoppers drug mart has some lovely earphones for $3.99.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »