Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Blasé

Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box Is A Good Song


I'm on work release, or that is, release from work. I work again Saturday, which gives me three days off.

In fact, in the next seven days, I only work twice. It's an anomaly and happens only because I'm classified as a 'weekend worker' (at least until mid-October, then I'll be classified as 'unemployed').

The 'weekend worker' title comes along with all the shifts that nobody actually wants to work, like shifts on the weekend and holidays. It also means I spend many of my shifts by myself with one amusement: thinking about how much I...

The point: off for three, back for two, off for two, equals seven days of August. The summer is coming to an end, and the uncertainty is coming to the forefront.

A New Way To Be Cool

When you're as tragically uncool such as I am, you're always out with you ear to the sidewalk so someone can step on you and also so you can find the newest thing to use to become relatively cool.

I found the newest thing: smokeless tobacco.



So cool.

--Czobit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. peripheral neuropathy topamax