Thursday, August 10, 2006

Uh, Loser

I Thought Athletes Were Cooler

Apparently Baltimore Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada made an "obscene gesture" towards the stands in a game Wednesday at the Rogers Centre. Read here.

First, what's wrong with that? Is emotion such a bad thing? If anything, he should have yelled profanities at the fans, too.

Second, isn't an apology lame? Tejada said, "I want to apologize to everyone, especially to the Orioles fans and the fans in Toronto, for my action in Wednesday's game. I was frustrated and should not have let things get to me. I am sorry and hope people will accept that and know that is not the kind of person I am."

I've lost total respect for Tejada (not that I've ever thought I had respect for him). Swear, give the finger, be unsportsmanlike - if Tejada did all that, at least I'd have reason to care when he plays.

--Czobit

No comments: