Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Shopping Spree

Christmas Shopping for the Canadian Press

I've become the unofficial shopper for CP video's project. Last week, I went to Henry's to buy a replacement head for a tripod; that cost $90. The week before that, I bought video editing software for $600.

Today, I went back to buy more editing software (this time, it came with hardware); it cost $700. On the way back down Queen Street East, I stopped into a different store and bought some tripods--some $900 worth of tripods.

I got into a cab with $1,600 worth of software/hardware/equipment, but it didn't seem to be worth that much.

I've never spent that much money at once, and unless I go on another CP-funded shopping spree, I don't think I'll spend that much money at once anytime soon.

--Czobit

3 comments:

matchuk said...

i guess its like any other job where u go on coffee runs, except their coffee at CP is a little bit sweeter....

Czobit said...

Oh, yeah. I have to say that I'm not too big on spending so much of someone else's money.

matchuk said...

yeah, it'd be kind of uncomortable i guess.

almost like joe i giving 45 cents telling you to buy a round of coffee for the entire dept...