Friday, December 01, 2006

Beyond April

Continuing the Theme of Looking Ahead

It's almost too easy to forget that after June when I have a degree, that I'll still only be 21. At that time, I might be working at Canadian Press or some other media outlet. But I'm not entirely sure that's the right thing to do.

Today, I don't see how I'll be working full-time in June and actually be doing something I want to do. And should I do it? Should I work somewhere strictly for the money and forget happiness? I've done that for six years, do I really want to start life after school that way? But I know that happiness isn't instant, and that I'll have to fight for what I want.

I have three choices to consider beyond April:

- continue to work part-time at Canadian Press
- work full-time somewhere
- take a break from school (permanent) and work (temporary)

Those three choices keep spinning in my head.

--Czobit

No comments: