Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nine Pages

The Boredom Hits With A Knockout Blow

Ethics: Who needs them? O.K., I get the point that journalists are supposed to act like they reside always on the moral high ground, and blah. But an entire class devoted to ethics in fourth year? If this class is so important, why didn't we take it in first year?

I opened the ethics text for this course (there's another text for the law portion), and stayed awake. That shocked me. Then I read eight pages, and still, I was awake. I thought to myself: "I'm going to do this, I'm going to survive this horrible reading experience."

Page nine: Passed out, out cold, count to 10 because I was done. I recovered 15 minutes later to finish the first chapter. I have two more chapters to read ahead of next Tuesday's torture. By that time, I'm sure to be caught up with any outstanding sleep.

--Czobit

4 comments:

Kerry said...

This may not be the best form of motivation, but it may be the best I can do:

It's not Kornegay.

Laura said...

amen to that!

(yes, i wasnt in the same course you guys were in, but her + peter bakogeorge made up my first ryerson experiences. bluh.)

Eric said...

carlin has a bit of a mean streak... i think you'll also quickly discover that she's not only boring, but mostly incompetent too.

also, reading won't help you much unless you have a photographic memory for obscure, arbitrary factoids.

Czobit said...

Good it's not Kornegay. She stole too many hours of my life for me to forgive her.

I was just about to go back to the philosophy book/collection of crap articles when I read your comment, Eric. Not only is this disturbing, it's depressing.