Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fucking Spam

O.K., I'm Only Posting This So I Could Title It "Fucking Spam"

Today, I received e-mail notification that "Anonymous" had commented on one of my posts.

The comment: "That's a great story. Waiting for more."

Then "Anonymous" left a link to presumably his or her blog. I did not click on the link, and will not provide it in this post.

Why? Well, not because "Anonymous" is some loser who has set up a cheap program to leave spam messages with links to his or her blog so he or she can receive more traffic and a higher rating on Google. No, that's not it.

My problem with that link is that I cannot trust the content of the blog, because the comment is factually wrong.

Here is the blog post in question:

Monday, July 17, 2006
Summer Cold

The Dreaded Return

Last summer, I managed to work four months in a freezer without getting a cold. Or at least I can't remember having a cold. Now that I'm working in an air-conditioned office space, I've contracted a dreaded summer cold.

It's great; really, I enjoy the excess mucous, the uncontrolled sneezing and the general horrible feeling.

I refuse, however, to take any sort of cold medication, lest I make it official that I do have a summer cold.

So, ignore this post. It doesn't exist.

--Czobit

Posted by Czobit at 3:39 PM


Problem 1: "That's a great story." The post is not a story. Only a few of my posts are stories; most stories I write are fabricated or highly exaggerated to show me in a good light. Also, that post is more akin to a rant, which is my preferred blog post style.

Problem 2: "Waiting for more." Sure, I've slowed down my blog post publishing but since that post was published way back in fucking July last year, I've posted 79 "more." Now, 80.

So, really, before I start clicking links and providing them to my loyal audience (are you still reading?), I need to be sure I'm not sending them into the waiting arms of a loser/liar/all-around-douche-bag.*

*Sorry, I didn't have another "L" word insult.

--Czobit

No comments: