Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day

The Yearly Tradition of Crap on Sale

Boxing Day Week starts officially today. O.K., that's not entirely true because I received numerous emails from Best Buy on Monday night telling me that its Boxing Week sale had started on the store's website .

I used to enjoy Boxing Day. My favourite store to visit was, of all places, Canadian Tire. But then they stopped selling toys I was interested in, and I began to move away from this post-Christmas Spend More Holiday. The sales these days do not compel me to get out of bed early in the morning. to stand in long lines, to interact with people who just may be insane.

I won't pretend I didn't check out my familiar online stores to see what they had on sale for Boxing Week, but I woke up early this morning only to get on with things unrelated to shopping.

--Czobit

No comments: