First from minutes ago: Conrad Black sentenced to 6 1/2 years in jail.
Second from yesterday: Robert Pickton guilty.
I'm surprised about the length of Black's sentence. For some reason I didn't expect him to get much more than a couple of years, but confession: I didn't pay much attention to the post-conviction hypothesizing.
Pickton's conviction wasn't a surprise. The TV coverage after the conviction was read yesterday was at best unbearable to watch. Both the CBC and CTV had parades of people commenting on the verdict, with each successive person having an increasingly tenuous connection to the victims of Pickton's crime.
- Investigative journalism is dying.
- People are flying, or at least are delusional enough to try.
- George Saunders wrote about Daniil Kharms. Who? George Saunders wrote about ...
- Jose Mourinho says no to England.
- And watch a dumb video below: