Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sum 41

The Band Gets Desperate

Yesterday I received this email from the good folks at MLSE:

Hey MICHAEL,

Sum 41 will return to their hometown to perform live at General Motors Centre on March 19, 2008.

As an MLSE Live Insider this is your exclusive opportuntiy to purchase 2 tickets for the price of 1.
Good thing my name was in all caps, as I sometimes forget it...

But I'm not writing about email style; I'm writing about the sad state Sum 41 seems to find itself in: two-for-one ticket deal? Whoa, I don't think the local polka and folk music festival has an offer so generous.

The cost for a pair, by the way, is $32.50, plus all the bizarre convenience fees Ticketmaster charges to penalize its customers.

I last wrote about Sum last July after the band released its new album that sounded wholly unoriginal. I'm not surprised ticket sales are not great for their tour but I never thought a two-for deal was in the band's future.

--Czobit

No comments: