Thursday, May 08, 2008

Doing Great!

Now, Now, Now, Now's Doing Fine

From Marketing Magazine's blog:

According to the Print Measurement Bureau, Toronto's Now magazine lost 57,000 weekly readers between 2007 and 2008.

Fifty-seven thousand readers lost in one year? Whoa, how awful has that free become? I regularly don't read Now; I do when I failed to bring something good to read. But I never thought 57,000 people would wake up in the same year to realize the filth and filler that is Now.

Pathetically enough:

[Something] jumped out at me as I was flipping through the pages of the venerable alt-weekly's May 1-7 issue. On page 14, right below its masthead, Now listed its weekly readership at 355,000–according to PMB 2007. Okay, fine. But PMB 2008 data indicating that Now has weekly readership of 298,000 has been available since early March.

Journalists not practicing telling the truth: That doesn't surprise me.

--Czobit

No comments: