Saturday, May 24, 2008

NHL Finals

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Detroit Red Wings: The Prediction

After my predictions for the conference finals proved correct, I pulled my prediction record to a respectable 7-7. What does that mean? Nothing at all, which means it's time for me to pick the winner of the Stanley Cup.

Pittsburgh has been the best team in the playoffs. Up against a team other than Detroit, I doubt anyone would believe the Penguins' Western Conference opponent would have a legitimate shot at the Cup. However these are the Red Wings we speak of - a team with a seemingly perfect blend of youth and experience.

The easy pick, the safe pick is to say Detroit takes this series and the Cup. But I don't believe it. I think the Penguins defy any remaining doubters. They win the Cup and realize the promise of their young superstars far earlier than anyone could have expected.

--Czobit

No comments: