Monday, April 13, 2009

Playoff Predictions

NHL Playoffs, Round One

It's that time of year when I make wild guesses because I didn't pay enough attention to the regular season. I might as well be picking these out of a cereal bowl.

Easter Conference

Boston vs. Montreal: Boston, because its fashionable.
Washington vs. New York Rangers: Washington, because they'll lose next round.
New Jersey vs. Carolina: New Jersey, because Brodeur.
Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia: Philly, because the Penguins won't this year.

Western Conference

San Jose vs. Anaheim: San Jose, because I didn't pay any attention to the West.
Detroit vs. Columbus: Detroit, because of experience.
Vancouver vs. St. Louis: Vancouver, because of Mats... Yeah, right.
Chicago vs. Calgary: Calgary, because we need two Canadian teams to move on.

--Czobit

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I see logic in the popularly predicted Sharks-Bruins final. And by then I will have lost whatever interest I may have had in the rest of the playoffs.

Czobit said...

That'd be lame. I'd like to see Calgary or Vancouver get into the final but I have my doubts.

The Sharks would be more interesting than Detroit though.