Sunday, May 17, 2009

Playoff Predictions

NHL Playoffs, Conference Finals

My record is still even at 6 correct predictions and 6 not-so-correct predictions. All of this suggests what I've always insisted: I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Conference final predictions follow.

Easter Conference

Pittsburgh vs. Carolina: Will Paul Maurice go from coaching the Leafs last season to coaching the Eastern Conference champion? Will Cam Ward continue his playoff dominance in goal? Will Sidney Crosby continue to play like a Conn Smythe winner? And will Pittsburgh return to the finals a second year in a row? Um, what's my point? I pick Carolina.

Western Conference

Detroit vs. Chicago: I just can't see Chicago beating Detroit. But I didn't see them beating Calgary or Vancouver either. Have I learned my lesson? No, I pick Detroit.

So based on my (likely incorrect) predictions, it'll be a Detroit-Carolina Cup final.

--Czobit

No comments: